Mid-America Science Museum offers many volunteer service positions for persons 14 years old and older. All volunteer service positions are hands-on and involve interacting with our wonderful visitors! Volunteers have the opportunity to gain skills, abilities, and knowledge that are translatable to other areas in life: school, jobs, college preparation, resume building, etc.
Volunteer opportunities include: special events, tinkering studio facilitator, and simulator ride operator.
• Special events include Taste of the Holidays, Keep on Truckin', Girl Scout Day, Boy Scout Day, and HomeSchool Day.
• Tinkering Studio facilitators are needed year-round. This is a great opportunity if you are 14 years or older and interested
in working with our visitors on fun, educational, hands-on activities!
• The simulator ride is a virtual reality experience. Operators run the ride following basic safety and customer service
guidelines to make sure the visitors are having an enjoyable time. Simulator ride operators must be physically capable
of reaching above shoulder height to raise and lower the door.
What are the benefits to you of being a MASM Volunteer?
• The satisfaction of acquainting visitors with Arkansas' largest interactive science museum
• Seeing the delight of visitors when you help them understand our world more clearly
• Serving your community
• Developing leadership skills
• Expanding your own knowledge
• Meeting new people who share your interests
• Earning free admission to MASM for you and your family (earn 2 free passes per 50 hours of service)
• Receiving discounts in our Museum Store
• Earning complimentary MASM membership (after 150 hours of volunteer service per year)
Interested? For more information, call 501-767-3461 ex.29 or email volunteering@MidAmericaMuseum.org today. We want to hear from you! Join us and have an impact on the future!