Mid-America Science Museum is currently hiring for 2017!
Please e-mail completed applications and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Attn: Senior Exhibit Technician, Jason Neel, 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913.
Mid-America Science Museum Official Job Description
Title: Exhibit Technician
Reports To: Supervised by Senior Exhibit Technician. Will work closely with Guest Services department, museum floor staff and volunteers, exhibit fabricator, building operations staff, and education department.
Brief Position Summary: The Exhibit Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring that all exhibits on the museum floor are properly functioning and the presentation of exhibits are up to the quality and standards expected by MASM as a first class science museum. Other responsibilities may include museum audio/visual elements.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for overall museum appearance and working order of exhibits
- Works with museum educators and floor staff to ensure quality communication
- Works with Senior Exhibit Technician to prepare for and install traveling exhibits
- Monitors and evaluates museum audio/visual elements including all museum lighting elements, public address system, and music selection
- Repairs exhibits and works with museum staff to effectively prioritize a repair schedule for exhibits
- Upholds exhibits maintenance schedule with Senior Technician
- Assists with opening and closing of museum daily
- Works proportionate share of after-hours events
- Requirements and Special Skills
- Must have mechanical abilities and educational background related to engineering and/or skilled trades that apply to the daily tasks required to perform stated position
- Must be well organized
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 – 60 lbs
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation preferred
- Museum experience preferred but not required
- Woodworking and machining skills preferred
If you would like to be considered for future employment opportunities please download and submit an application for consideration. Application available at the link below. If you are unable to download the PDF please visit Guest Services at Mid-America Science Museum for a printed job application. Please e-mail completed applications to email@example.com or mail them to Attn: Education Director, 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913.
Click link to download Job Application PDF.