Mid-America Science Museum is currently hiring for 2017!
Please e-mail completed applications and/or resumes to email@example.com or mail them to Attn: Education Director, 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913.
Education Associate (Part-Time)
The Education Associate is responsible for visitor interaction on the museum floor. This person will use informal learning techniques to facilitate exhibits and provide demonstrations for visitors. The Education Associate will assist with the check-in of field trips and other groups. This person will work closely with other education staff and volunteers to provide a positive experience for visitors. This position is usually the first step toward becoming an Educator at Mid-America Science Museum. This position may be part-time or seasonal as designated by the Director of Education.
Reports to: Director of Education
Education: Some college coursework, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or related field.
Experience Required: Teaching or related experience. Experience in providing excellent customer service to a wide variety of people of all ages.
Description of Duties:
- Assist visitors with exhibit operations on museum floor
- Use inquiry and other informal learning techniques to engage all visitors
- Assist with field trips and group visits to the museum
- Assist other education staff and volunteers to ensure proper floor coverage
- Provide excellent customer service to all museum guests
- Execute floor demonstrations on a daily basis
- Constantly evaluate and monitor the status of exhibits and work with exhibit technicians to ensure timely maintenance and repair
- Ensure museum floor is presentable and clean
- Operate Tesla Coil and conduct theater shows and Digital Dome programs as needed.
- Maintain all teaching supplies, props, etc. in area of specialization.
- Provide general backup to present programs as needed and as assigned.
- Conduct programming for special events, mini-events, and special programming when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Special Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field is preferred, but consideration will be given to those actively seeking their degrees.
- Provide a positive contribution to the morale and working environment of the museum.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be engaging, outgoing, patient, and able to relate to and work with a wide variety of individuals and people of all ages
- Work a flexible schedule occasionally unsupervised
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Other duties as assigned
If you would like to be considered for future employment opportunities please download and submit an application for consideration. Application available at the link below. If you are unable to download the PDF please visit Guest Services at Mid-America Science Museum for a printed job application. Please e-mail completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Attn: Education Director, 500 Mid America Blvd. Hot Springs, AR 71913.
Click link to download Job Application PDF.